What is the ASTRO XO™ Exoskeleton?
ASTRO XO™ is a flexible exoskeleton attached to the lower leg that effectively promotes rehabilitation of ankle power and forward propulsion to treat multiple soft tissue and joint disorders (like plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendinitis) that lead to gait deficiencies. ASTRO XO™ is sold directly to industry-leading Podiatrists and Orthopedists for use with their patients.Learn More
ASTRO XO™ Key Benefits
The ASTRO XO™ has been clinically tested to demonstrate its benefits in such conditions as plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis and related lower leg injuries that are compounded by gait dysfunction.
Promotes stance phase forward propulsion generated by the ankle and lower leg muscle groups.
Improves ankle range of motion, specifically ankle dorsiflexion.
Restores ankle neuromuscular response and proprioception.
Easy to use and keeps the patient ambulatory during their recovery.
Accelerates patient recovery through continued muscle and tendon rehabilitation between office visits.
How is ASTRO XO™ clinically beneficial?
ASTRO XO™ was clinically tested to show its efficacy in healing lower leg tendon and muscle injuries. The results indicate significant improvement in several key areas.
71%* reduction in first step morning pain on the Visual Analog Scale in plantar fasciitis patients, demonstrating significant overall pain relief.
Improved Ankle Dorsiflexion
38%* increase in ankle dorsiflexion during the Lunge Test showing greater ankle ROM.
Improved Forward Propulsive Gait
39%* reduction in heel contact time and 41%* reduction in peak plantar pressure time integral, demonstrating ASTRO XO™ promotes forward propulsion by training the patient to move more effectively through the gait cycle.
* statistically significant
These are just some of the statistical highlights. View More Study Results
Who does ASTRO XO™ benefit?
- ASTRO XO™ benefits your patients who require restoration of forward propulsion to treat common lower leg tendinopathies and gait dysfunctions.
- Because you prescribe the patient to walk 20-30 minutes a day wearing the ASTRO XO™, it simply and effectively leverages your impact on the patient between office visits.
- For your athletes and active patients, ASTRO XO™ gets them back into action through rapid recovery and preventive treatment of lower leg gait conditions.
- Through the ASTRO XO™ Stocking Reseller Program, inventory is purchased at attractive discounts enhancing practice margins with each patient fitting.